Preschool Time
By Ben Lerwill and Mark Chambers
New York: DK Publishing, 2025. Picture Book.
From tiny Chihuahua Agnes who loves to burrow beneath cushions, to Holly the Collie, who loves chasing her tail, this book contains a pack of adorable dogs. Each is special in their own way, but only one of these lovable pups can be the biggest. A gatefold surprise at the end of the book reveals just who is the BIGGEST dog in the book. --Editor
Preschool Time
By Katy Hudson
New York: Harper, an imprint of HarperCollinsPublishers, 2015. Picture Book.
Bear doesn't want to be a bear anymore so he tries out what it's like to be a duck. With a few lessons from Duck, Bear realizes he makes a much better bear after all. --Publisher
Toddler Time
Written by Michael Rosen
Illustrated by Helen Oxenbury
Somerville, MA: Candlewick Press, 2025.
I went to the shop to get me a carrot. Oh dear! They gave me . . . parrot. Oh dear! Look what I got. Do I want that? No, I do NOT! As a hapless boy goes from shop to shop, requesting a series of perfectly reasonable items--a hat, a coat, a cake, a chair--he finds himself thwarted at every turn, amassing instead a growing menagerie of animals who happily follow him on his errands. It's not until he finally asks for a cup that he's proffered a wriggly creature that solves his dilemma . . . or does it? Adding delicious momentum to Michael Rosen's rhymes (and mastery of the page turn) are an expressivecrew of animal characters rendered as only Helen Oxenbury can, making for a timeless story guaranteed to beg many repeat readings. Oh dear! --Publisher
Book Babies
By Daisy Hirst
Somerville, MA: Candlewick Press, 2020. Board Book.
Monstrously funny food choices to delight little monsters everywhere! Some monsters eat peaches, some monsters eat pears, and then there are monsters who only eat chairs. Some monsters like noodles, some monsters like stew but this little monster is eating a shoe. Daisy Hirst's adorable, cheeky monsters are guaranteed to make little children chuckle! For picky eaters, I-like-everything eaters and I-might-have-liked-it-yesterday-but-I-don't-like-it-today eaters alike! --Editor
More Letter D Books




Comments