The How-To Cookbook for Young Foodies
By Joanna Saltz & Editors of Delish
New York, NY : Hearst Home Kids, 2025. Informational. 192 pages.
The first time I made homemade brownies as a "young foodie", I read the recipe wrong and when I added the salt, I measured it in cups, rather than teaspoons. Needless to say I would have benefited from a book of instruction like this.
This how-to book starts at the simplest skills such as peeling vegetables, creaming butter and sugar, and boiling pasta. It then elevates these tasks to create beautiful dishes. Any aspiring chef could find doable recipes in this cookbook and learn new skills. The pictures present stunning meals and very clear instructions. A good example of this is the skill page on kneading. If you have never kneaded dough before, it could be tricky to know how to move your hands. The images and arrows clearly demonstrate how to press the dough.
I haven't tried any of the recipes but the Delish name can be trusted to curate incredible food and after reading this cookbook, there are several recipes I will be trying. Garlic knots and peppermint meringues are at the top of the list. Check out this book if you have a little foodie in your home. The index page full of food pictures will be enough to inspire them to get cooking.
Comments