Until about 2017, I didn't realize how wonderful a book with no words could be. But then I came across Aaron Becker's Journey. It was then that I discovered the rich stories that can be told through just pictures. For those of you who also enjoy wordless books, or those of you who are willing to give it a shot; here are some recent wordless picture books you may not be familiar with and should check out!
A Day For Sandcastles
By JonArno Lawson
Candlewick Press, 2022. Picture Book.
By JonArno Lawson
Candlewick Press, 2022. Picture Book.
Siblings spend the day building sandcastles on the beach, but with the moving tide it proves to be more work than expected.
This book shows how one act of kindness can create a domino effect and help everyone around you.
By Jihyun Kim
Floris Books, 2022. Picture Book.
Celebrate nature as this boy and his dog explore the world around them!
By Leah Kessler
Pow!, 2021. Picture Book.
During the city art fair, the rats set up their own rat fair to participate too!




Comments